Welcome to the official website for the RD-UK and SRRDG
RD-UK member pages and login area.
SRRDG member pages and login area.
PATIENTS AND PUBLIC
Information and links for dental patients.
DENTISTS AND COMMISSIONERS
Information and links for dentists and commissioners.
Restorative Dentistry UK (RD-UK)
RD-UK is the representative body of GDC Registered Consultants and Specialists in Restorative Dentistry in the UK. We undergo rigorous specialist training in the combined disciplines of Restorative Dentistry, Periodontology, Endodontics and Prosthodontics and in multidisciplinary team-working which equips us with the knowledge and skills to provide integrated advice and treatment for patients with highly complex dental problems.
Consultants in Restorative Dentistry work in NHS Acute Hospitals, University Dental Hospitals and District General Hospitals. The clinical roles involve:
1.We work with medical and dental multidisciplinary teams managing highly complex dental care for patients with such conditions as head and neck cancer, severe trauma, cleft lip and palate and hypodontia.
2.We provide integrated advice and treatment for patients with the most complex dental problems referred by their primary care General Dental Practitioners.
3.We provide support and leadership to Managed Clinical Networks of primary care General Dental Practitioners.
4.We lead the clinical training in Restorative Dentistry, of undergraduate and postgraduate dental students.
- RD-UK leads in promoting and improving specialist Restorative Dentistry services in Hospitals and in specialist dental practices.
- RD-UK liaises with all statutory and related bodies to ensure that the highest standards of specialist training in Restorative Dentistry are maintained.
- RD-UK engages with NHS quality and service improvement bodies to ensure that complex dental needs for patients are appropriately delivered.
Specialty Registrars in Restorative Dentistry Group
(SRRDG) works on behalf of Restorative Dentistry trainees, with a focus on education and training and liaison with other Restorative Dentistry specialty committees and societies.
To continue to promote and raise awareness of Restorative Dentistry by:
- Setting standards for Restorative Dentistry.
- Supporting its members in delivering excellence in patient care.
- Educating and informing the public, commissioners, and other healthcare professionals.
UPCOMING EVENTS/ NEWS
Covid-19 Pandemic Latest Links and Information
Covid-19 update 08.06.2020 *NEW DATE FOR CONFERENCE AND BOOKING*
Please click here to book the conference on March 25/26th 2021.
Guidance for Consultants in Restorative Dentistry on oral pre-habilitation and rehabilitation for head and neck cancer patients during the Covid-19 Pandemic Please click here
RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY AND PROSTHODONTIC CONFERENCE 2020
Mouth Care Matters
For the link to HEE page please click here for some excellent external resources on Oral Health